“We have started down the right path but we have many miles to go”
Start Your Home Biz With The BEST & CHEAPEST Web Hosting & Domain Name Provider
Recently we talked about the critical importance of truth, trust and belief in relation to you starting and building an awesome, profitable online home business to add money to household income or even replace your present job altogether.
There are certain tasks you MUST do right at the beginning even if it’s all new to you. Don’t get anxious, there are lots of excellent text and video tutorials.
Two essential tasks are:
1. Domain names and web hosting
Today’s article is about 1. above and we’ll discuss autoresponders very soon. They go together like salt and pepper.
Hosting comes first and this is mostly shared hosting like 4 people sharing a rented house divide up the cost which makes it cheaper.
I use NameCheap because they are the best, cheapest and most reliable plus you’re treated as a person not just a number. They usually respond to your support queries within 1-2 hours. Plus they are the only provider offering 100% uptime. Also they don’t rip you off at renewal time.
2. Choose www.yourfirstlastname.com as your domain name and your hosting account will be built around this name. Important to get a .com extension but if taken already use .net or .org or .biz NOT .me
You can’t have spaces or special characters only dashes. My name was taken so I had to choose www.kevin-johnston.com which now has Kevin Johnston’s Blog at http://kevin-johnston.com
After you purchase the cheapest NameCheap shared hosting package you will be asked which domain name you wish to nominate for your new hosting account. You can nominate an existing domain or check the box to select a new domain name. For new hosting accounts this domain name will be FREE. This is where you enter www.yourfirstlastname.com usually without the www.
NameCheap will email you a “Welcome Letter” within a day or two with your cPanel and FTP (File Transfer Protocol) information including password which is different to your User Account password. Keep this email in a secure place you won’t forget.
3. Without a domain name (domain) your home business (small business) doesn’t exist and will NOT be visible on the Internet. NameCheap as the hosting provider maintains your Internet presence at a certain IP Address which is a series of numbers like a zipcode/postcode. NameCheap will set up your domain with default nameservers.
Nameservers are a fundamental part of the Domain Name System (DNS). They allow using domains/domain names instead of IP addresses. It’s for ease of memory. People can’t remember a series of numbers like 123.97.458.117 for every website address.
4. If you have a domain name with a different hosting provider/domain registrar you can either transfer it to NameCheap or login to your current provider, go to your domain list, select your domain, click on Manage Domain, choose Custom Nameservers and change your present nameservers to your default nameservers with NameCheap. Don’t forget to SAVE. It can take up to 24hrs to take effect. NameCheap will tell you in your welcome letter what your nameservers are plus there are tutorials. For extra help open a Support Ticket.
5. Now you’ve got your domain name you can start building your home business empire with a blog, website or social media page. Otherwise your domain name will show “empty”.
When applying to be an affiliate if you’re asked for your URL (Uniform Resource Locator) you can submit your URL http://yourfirstnamelastname.com.
This is important because more and more sellers, even on Clickbank, are asking for your URL to separate tirekickers, time wasters and lazy affiliates. Sellers want keen, motivated affiliates.
6. Important hosting price benefits. My yearly hosting renewal bill with NameCheap (for all my sites) is around $78 but my previous providers were costing around $115 to $140. So big saving for you here. Also as an incentive for my first hosting order the cost was only around $28 for a whole year. What a fantastic saving!. $28 for a whole year then only $78 based on my requirements.
7. I need to add one last piece of advice. This won’t happen with NameCheap but some domain registrars and hosting providers take advantage of your inexperience, and charge you huge costs at renewal time. Like $25 instead of say $11 or $13. Be aware that different extensions aren’t the same price!
Hope you learned from the above,
Kevin (friend of Jon Snow)